Consistently ranked as one of the most international schools in the country according to U.S. News & World Report, Lynn University is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of academic life. Our student body includes more than 3,000 students, 19% of which come from countries outside the United States.
Keeping this at the forefront of our mission, we prepare international students to achieve their dreams with a heightened understanding of the world in which we live—regardless of their location.
If you are an international student considering the online Master of Science in Criminal Justice to advance your career, we encourage you to review the following admission requirements.
You are considered a graduate international student if you have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree AND one of the following statements applies to you:
- Completed application
- Personal statement describing your goals and aspirations and how this degree will help you attain them (500 words).
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official university documents or transcripts bearing the institution’s seal or stamp, issued in English or with a certified English translation.
- If these are from outside the U.S. university system, your documents/transcripts must be reviewed by an international evaluations company. We recommend identifying one at NACES.
- Send the verified documents directly to our Office of Admission.
- Letter of recommendation from an employer or previous professor.
- Current resume
- English language proficiency scores, unless you’ve previously attended an English-first institution
Please note that since the program is offered entirely online, Lynn University cannot offer a student visa to students of the online MSCJ program.
Studying in English
We require demonstration of proficiency in English for most international applicants. Submit official English test scores with your application unless you’re from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Commonwealth Caribbean, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa or the United Kingdom. We accept the following:
- TOEFL internet-based score of 80+
- IELTS score of 6.5+
- PTE score of 55+
- ELITE Level completed at OHLA Schools (Miami/Orlando)
We only can accept scores received directly from the testing organization. We review on an individual basis any case where an applicant’s score is below our recommended testing levels.
Consideration may be given to students who fall slightly below our recommended TOEFL/IELTS scores. These cases will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Office of Admission.
To learn more about Lynn University's online Master of Science in Criminal Justice and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call +1 877-388-7239 to speak to one of our admission counselors about the degree program.
Lynn University respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of Lynn University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.