Fast-track your way to a promotion.
Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
The Lynn online Master of Science in Criminal Justice program (MSCJ) is a perfect fit for individuals who want to expand their knowledge and develop their critical thinking skills to enter the field of criminal justice or prepare for leadership positions. We have been a pioneer in online education since 2003, and we continue to push for excellence in the virtual space as shown through our university recognition from Apple, our digitally-trained and experienced faculty and our commitment to an asynchronous curriculum that meets the needs of our diverse student body. Because many of our students currently work in law enforcement and have non-traditional schedules, the online MSCJ is offered entirely online and can be completed in as little as one year—enabling you to earn your degree without putting your career on hold.
To learn more about Lynn University's online Master of Science in Criminal Justice and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call 877-388-7239 to speak to one of our admission counselors about the degree program.
Lynn University respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of Lynn University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.
We developed the online MSCJ curriculum to provide you with broad-based knowledge to help you think critically and develop solutions for the biggest challenges facing the criminal justice system. You’ll focus on criminal justice theory and explore subjects including law and order, civil rights, conflict resolution, terrorism and juvenile justice, and apply what you’ve learned in a variety of career paths.
To help provide the best possible educational experience, we also offer our online MSCJ students an iPad upon enrollment. This enables us to connect students with a powerful learning tool they can use to complement their education and access a number of pre-loaded applications.Learn more
Our online MSCJ faculty are passionate researchers and educators who have real-world experience in the field of criminal justice, as well as extensive training and years of involvement in online education. Whether they worked in law, law enforcement, crisis negotiation or research, each of our distinguished faculty members brings a unique background to the program to help you succeed.Learn more
Lynn University is ranked among the "Most Innovative Colleges" in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report.
Your career goals. Our MSCJ.
The online MSCJ attracts individuals from a broad range of educational and professional backgrounds including criminal justice, psychology, sociology, and social work. They seek to expand their knowledge and skills to meet objectives that may include:
- Entering the field of law enforcement at the local or federal level
- Being promoted to leadership positions within police departments
- Transitioning to a career in criminology, juvenile justice, corrections, or child protective services
- Teaching criminal justice at the community college level
Look inside our MSCJ
Our online Master of Science in Criminal Justice provides working professionals the chance to gain career-ready skills to excel as a leader in law enforcement and related fields. Watch our program walkthrough to hear professor Dr. Karen Casey present a quick overview of our curriculum, faculty, career outcomes, and admission process.
Benefits for today’s criminal justice professionals
- State-of-the-art curriculum provides broad-based criminal justice knowledge to suit your career goals.
- 100% online courses offer flexibility for non-traditional schedules.
- Courses are taught by experts who have real-world experience in the field of criminal justice.
- An unmatched mastery in how to successfully teach students online.
- Small class sizes provide opportunities to receive one-on-one instruction and develop connections with your fellow classmates.
- 15% tuition grant for eligible law enforcement, public safety and security workers.
- No GRE is required for admission.